This workshop is the second of a pair (but you can do both or either separately. It is designed to enable teachers and technicians who are supporting practical work in the new GCSE physics courses. Today we will look at
6. Investigate the relationship between force and extension for a spring.
7. Investigate the effect of varying the force on the acceleration of an object of constant mass and the effect of varying the mass of an object on the acceleration produced by a constant force.
8. Make observations to identify the suitability of apparatus to measure the frequency, wavelength and speed of waves in a ripple tank and waves in a solid and take appropriate measurements.
9. Investigate the reflection of light by different types of surface and the refraction of light by different substances.
10. Investigate how the amount of infrared radiation absorbed or radiated by a surface depends on the nature of that surface.
You will have the opportunity to actually do experiments / consider alternative approaches / consider what the students should be looking at.
- Available Spaces: 20
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Brooke Weston Teaching School
- Coomb Road, Great Oakley, Corby, NN18 8LA
- United Kingdom
Bookings are closed for this event.