The abstract nature of electricity makes teaching electricity challenging for teachers and learning electricity hard for many students. This session will consider the misconceptions that students have, show possible teaching strategies, and give you ways to really assess students knowledge and get them thinking more deeply. The session covers:
– Potential difference, current and resistance
– Understanding circuits and problem solving
– Using simulations
– Using the maths to guide understanding
The session is led by Dan Crittenden, an IOP school physics coach based at Saffron Walden County High.
Tea, coffee and cake will be provided upon arrival. Hopefully see you there!
- Available Spaces: 24
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Saffron Walden County High School
- Audley End Road, Saffron Walden, CB11 4UH
- United Kingdom
Bookings are closed for this event.