• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

I’ve just started the course, with the plan being to run it over 2 years, one hour per week. Two Y11 students who don’t want to stay on in Y12 want to study the rest of the course in their own time to complete the course in 1 year. They are two of our best, most motivated students, so I’m prepared to support them.

But… will it work? One difficulty is simply having to decide now exactly what I’m going to cover this year, so that they don’t miss anything/duplicate. Another is them having to study difficult topics that should really be based on prior knowledge learned in year 1. 

Anyoe tried this? Any ideas?

David

Profile photo of Andrew Normand

I’ve just started the course, with the plan being to run it over 2 years, one hour per week. Two Y11 students who don’t want to stay on in Y12 want to study the rest of the course in their own time to complete the course in 1 year. They are two of our best, most motivated students, so I’m prepared to support them.

But… will it work? One difficulty is simply having to decide now exactly what I’m going to cover this year, so that they don’t miss anything/duplicate. Another is them having to study difficult topics that should really be based on prior knowledge learned in year 1. 

Anyoe tried this? Any ideas?

David

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?