• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

Hi- I tested my dragster launcher after not using it for a while. It was immediately losing pressure as I pumped it up. I pumped it up again after checking a few connections and this time the brass connection holding the bluepump valve (the one connected to the end of the long brass pipe) blew off. What do you think is the best way to fix this? Now it has come off should I buy a new brass connector, valve and olive or will it be OK to unscrew it all, put it back together and tighten it onto the brass tube? Thanks Anne

Profile photo of Andrew Normand

Hi Anne, you can try just putting it back on and tightening it all up. At worst you might need a new olive. It’s a 22mm fitting which is a standard size and available from any decent plumbers or diy store. When you tighten the joint the olive deforms and grips the pipe and fills all the holes. When it blows off and you put it back on it might be that it’s unable to deform again to fill the spaces in the same way, but very often it will work again. Hope the students have enjoyed it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?