• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

Is it just me, or has the ‘remember me’ tick box on the login page stopped working?

That PTNC survey just reminded me what a pain it was logging in each time you wanted to follow a link.

I’ve tried with IE 8 and 9, Firefox 4 and Chrome 12.

I suppose there’s a chance that it’s noticing me logging in from different machines and being ultra-cautious but that would be daft.

I thought it was changing machines too…but it doesn’t seem to work as well as it did. I shall try and be more rigourous in my observations.

What I’m used to is that if I log-on with one machine, it logs me off from any others. I’m used to leaving my office desktop PC logged in, and often end up checking in via my laptop from home or schools, and the next day have to log in at the office.

Please let me know if you find anything that doesn’t fit this.

If I use the same browser with the same machine there is no issue. Turning it on and off, closing the browser etc all seems to be fine.

If I use different browsers on the same machine, it logs me out between browser sessions. (I accept this is a weird thing to do, but is probably what highlighted the issue for me. Just seeing if Chrome is any good, really.)

If I use different machines, I get logged out, as you described. I would suggest this is something that needs looking into. I regularly use three different machines during the course of a normal working day.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?